“All life begins and ends with the tribe. Loyalty to your family is everything.” - Shaman Salazar Trueblood
While no one statement easily describes the enigmatic Lizardfolk tribes, they come in essentially, one of three flavours; xenophobic isolationist, reluctant participant, or outgoing adventurer. The Lizardfolk live within wet and swampy lands all over the world and are often ignored or left alone by most other cultures because of their reclusive nature and inhabitation of undesired land. This ‘let live and leave me alone’ attitude has led most Lizardfolk tribes to be not particularly violent by nature, and this has afforded them unusual freedoms to spread across the continent relatively unhindered by borders or traditional land-claims.
Lizardfolk populations are hard to estimate, as some clans migrate constantly across their territories, while others do set up slightly more permanent settlements in order to conduct trade or business with other local populations. The migrants are typically those who refuse to interact with members outside their species, whereas those that choose to live in their village swamps, are resigned to dealing with others, but are typically good-natured about it. Those few that leave their habitats are ready for a time of excitement and danger, but will usually rotate back to either a migratory or village living situation, depending on where they are in their lifecycle.
While not physically strong, they are unnaturally tough and resilient, able to drop their tails to escape a sticky situation. The limb regrows usually within a month as their healing and regenerative properties are powerful. Their lack of standardized education has led them to struggle with formal learning and resisting mental assaults.
RACIAL SKILL BONUSES
- Begin with 10 Skill Points (SP)
- Begin with 6 Life Points (LP)
- Begin with 2 Resurrections
- Begin with Escape skill for free
- May purchase LP to a maximum of 15 LP
- May purchase the Physical Endurance skill for half cost (rounded up)
- May purchase the Resist Movement skill for half cost (rounded up)
- May purchase Rapid Healing skill without Prerequisites for half cost (rounded up)
- Unable to purchase Iron Will skill
- Must pay +2 SP to purchase Exceptional Strength
- Must pay double for Read & Write skill
- Must pay double for Read Magic skill
- Scaled Skin (makeup or prosthetics should cover exposed skin)
- Colouration representative of any real world lizards
- Solid, singularly black or brown make-up is not permitted
- Lizard-like tail