In Fantasy Alive it is possible to gain Ogre Chips (OC) as rewards for doing things that help out the game. OC are are similar to experience points but have more uses, like converting into experience points, in-game money or in-game items.
OC can be earned in various ways. The most common are: playing a Cast Member at an event, driving another Player to an event, donating phys-reps or costumes or helping improve the game site. Anything that adds to Fantasy Alive can give you OC.
Below is a list of some of the ways to earn OC at Fantasy Alive. Note this list is not exhaustive, so speak to an Owner if you have thoughts on how to earn OC. Also before bringing any items for donation, please contact an Owner (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make sure Fantasy Alive needs the item.
|Driving another Player to an event||5|
|Bringing a new Player||20|
|NPCing an Event:||40|
|Plotting an Event:||80|
|Head of Plotting an Event:||100|
|Marshalling an Event
(Weapon, Armour, Rule, Public Relations)
|Helping setup or clean up at events||10-80 (Based on amount of assistance)|
|Submitting an approved Lore piece||Varies on quality and need.|
|Donating a Prop||Based on cost of item and need.|
|Donating a Weapon or Armour||Based on cost of item and need.|
|Donating Costuming||Based on time and materials.|
|Donating Money||1 OC per $1|
* Packet colours are: Orange for alchemy, Grey for sling rocks and any other colour for magic.
Spending your Ogre Chips can occur in a few ways.
Ogre Chips converted into XP:
- On character creation, a player may convert OC up to the point that the character reaches 80 SP. This cap of 80 SP for a new character can be raised by contributing to the game through being a Cast Member and/or joining the Plot team. For each event as a Cast Member the cap rises by 2 SP. Plotting an event raises the cap by 4 SP, and for each event as Head of Plot the cap rises by 6 SP. Note that this raises the cap on a new character and may be used so long as the player has sufficient OC to convert.
- For an existing character, OC can be converted to XP at a ratio of 1 OC to 1 XP up to a maximum of 100 OC per event. This conversion may be done for each event that the player PCs or Plots. (This conversion will be calculated the next time the Plot Member logs a PC for an event.)
- An existing character may convert enough OC (at 1 OC to 1 XP) that when combined with the character’s Free SP they may purchase just one skill. The normal rules for Tutoring apply and that character may purchase only that one skill.
Ogre Chips converted for in-game money:
- OC may be exchanged for in-game money at a rate of 1 OC for 10 cp. This may only be done up to 1000cp (100 OC) per Log.
Ogre Chips for in-game items or services:
- OC may also be used to purchase in-game items or in-game services. These items are considered to be rewards or payments for inconsequential in-game actions between events. Each of these items or services may be purchased only once per Log. The items offered under Trades may only be purchased by a character with at least one level of that skill (i.e. Mechanic requires at least Mechanic 1, Arcaner requires Magery, etc.). The list of possible purchases are:
|Apprentice||1 Apprentice providing only additional hours. May not use this to exceed the normal Max of 2 Apprentices. IG upkeep for apprentice must be paid (5cp/week).||50|
|Healing Mixtures||Given at Log: 1 Energy Boost, 1 Wonder Tonic and 1 Miracle Tonic||80|
|Life Potion||Given at Log: 1 Life Potion||350|
|Alchemist||Given at Log: 5 Ingredients of Choice (Excluding Mithril Dust)||20|
|Armour Smith||Given at Log: 5 of Cloth, Leather, Iron, Lumber, Hardware (any combination)||5|
|Bowyer/Fletcher||Given at Log: 5 of Wood, Hardware, Cloth (any combination)||3|
|Craftsman||Given at Log: 5 of Hide, Parchment, Iron, Wool, Lumber, Hardware, Container (any combination)||3|
|Herbalist||Given at Log: 5 Herbs of choice||20|
|Labourer||Given at Log: 5 of Iron, Stone, Wood, Wool, Hide (any combination)||3|
|Mechanic||Given at Log: 5 of Iron, Hardware, Rope, Cloth, Hourglass, Lumber, Wineskin (any combination, limit 1 Hourglass)||5|
|Merchant||Given at Log: 5 Common Goods in any Category current have (NOTE: Each location of Armour is one item.)||8|
|Physician||Given at Log: 12 Bandages||1|
|Weapon Smith||Given at Log: 5 of Wood, Iron, Leather (any combination)||3|
|Arcaner||Given at Log: 1 Arcane Ink, 1 Parchment (10), 3 Quill and Ink||40|
Please note that this list of OC rewards is subject to change or addition, so make sure to check back each log!